Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Got Super Glue All Over My Fingers - More Fun & Games



So funny, really. I just posted about how my lower dentures broke in half again, and I would be gluing them together.

Well, the tube I used wasn’t in the best of shape. The one part of the top that usually is removed so that you can pinpoint the exact spot for the glue was itself glued to the next part. So I had to use the larger mouth of the tube to direct the glue.

And, by now you realize, I managed to get the glue smeared on all the fingertips of my left hand except for the thumb.

Normally, you can easily remove it with nail polish remover, the kind with the acetone in it. I don’t have any around. I did an online search and found 7 ways for removal, including such household items as margarine, WD40, petroleum jelly, and more. I tried several, in succession, and have at least removed about half of it, but the rest will have to wear off in time.

Oh, and yes, I did manage to get the dentures put together correctly - at least I did that right. 

It could be worse - at least I didn’t have some other objects stuck to my fingertips just from grabbing things to wipe them off. It’s time to close up shop for the day before I do something else equally clumsy. 

Sometimes you just do things that are so dumb or awkward that you have to laugh at them. Can’t you see me laughing?

No comments: