Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Miracle Today



Most of you know that when I reach the last 2 days of the month, since my nephew died and my income went down 50% and I begin the month $400 in the hole, there is usually a time when my Internet and TV service gets cut off for a few days until my SS comes in. For 7 months, this has always been a danger, and several times it had to happen. I was ready to post tonight that it would once again be cut off and for folks not to worry. I have made my peace with it.

However, this time, when I called, as usual, and asked that they extend me just a few days until it comes in, the rep checked it carefully for me. He saw something quickly. I have been running behind on the high cost of bundled services, for 7 months. I am constantly behind because I can’t get ahead by one, to put it in order. So, each month, they make me pay anywhere from $80 to $90 on the past due amount plus the current (always over $100). I cut services way down; dropped long distance; went to very basic TV. But I could not cut the TV completely until the contract ended this week. He saw that if I simply pay, once, an extra $60, it would pay off the “past due” amount, and I would only have current charges. New billing doesn’t start until the 7th and at that point, there is always a 10 day period before late fees. 

So, when my SS comes in, I’ll pay that extra, and when the bill comes due end of October, I’ll let it run for the 2 to 5 days until my SS comes in, pay it, and not incur any fees.
Not only that, since I will be cutting all contract TV on Monday (I need to get a converter box early Monday morning), it will also drop another $70. 

This is the first time in 7 months that I will not be worried about losing service, plus I will have a lower bill from here on in, plus I am now going to be current. I apologize for putting specific amounts in here, but it was needed in order for folks to see what the Lord did to work this out for me and how complicated the endless circle had become.

Father, thank you with all my heart for hearing my prayers. I know sometimes it worried me a lot, and once or twice, it brought me to tears. But you were there, working on finding me that young man who had the sense to know how to end this endless circle I was in on this bill. Bless that young man, please, for his patience and for his compassion. And thank you for the lighter heart and soul I have this night. I will try to continue to have faith and patience while you work all this out for me.  

No comments: