Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bottom Dentures Broke in Half - Again



Ok, my bottom dentures broke in half, again. This time, the fix only lasted 2 months - I super-glued them back on July 14th. 

Have to go to the grocery this morning without the bottoms. I’ll fix them as soon as I get back but the glue must set for quite a while for them to hold against the moisture of daily cleansing. I have to go out, though - no choice. I need eggs and potatoes, yogurt and some raw veggies, plus cat food. I’ll use the food stamps for the food and plop my change in Coinstar for the kitty food. It will be all right for now.

I’ll eat easy, soft foods today, of course. Thankfully, I have enough that is reasonably healthy in here and can do that while the glue sets.

I really wish we had signed up for even just a small amount of life insurance on Frank before he passed away, but we held off a little too long. New dentures will only cost a few hundred but I can’t even pay the month’s end bills on a regular basis.

Still, I can fix them and pray they will hold a while longer.

Father, my Father, thank you SO much for letting this happen here in the house. I’ll make my store trip as brief as possible and do the temporary fix once again. I know you will help me in this respect because you’ve enabled me to learn about the super-glue fix.
  

No comments: