Friday, August 1, 2014

Amazing Day - Amazing Answers to Prayers



After my tv/internet were cut off for almost 48 hours, last night I cried during my prayers before bed. I rarely do that. I think I frightened little Silkie. Anyhow, I promised the Lord I would try very hard, if He brought me out of this mess, to get things on track.

For years, I have not been as organized or house-conscious as most are. Mostly, I’ve done a lot of care giving and my focus was constantly on someone else’s needs. I didn’t resent that - it was simply a fact.

Last night I realized that even though Frank, my nephew, passed away on 2/1, I had done very little about changing my routines. It’s time I look at my life as it is today. I have quite a few obligations but I end up just muddling through them. I haven’t been as efficient as I could be.

So, I made my promises.

I also promised him that I would get my self-published Busy Person’s Prayer Book into the proper format to offer as an easy download for simply $.99 and that I would do it quickly.  I’ve been dragging my heels on that project. Last night, after prayers, I started re-formatting the file. The print version sells very, very slowly and I truly want it in a lot of hands because I believe it’s a cool book and I’d rather sell a bunch at a low price than just a few at a higher price.

Anyhow, I tried again this morning, at 8 am, to get new payment arrangements for my bundled tv/internet/phone balances. Wonder of wonders, they agreed to let me wait until my SSA comes in mid-month!

The house has been rather quiet without the tv (I have old analog types), and I was prepared to wait almost 24 hrs for them to restore service.

Again, amazingly, when I came home at Noon from my Friday morning Charity Crafting session, it was already on!

Here’s another amazing thing. I’ve been frustrated over how slowly Medicaid was acting in getting the additional funds to me that they approved effective May 1. Something made me check my SSA online and again, miraculously, it is finally showing up. SO, mid-month, I will have that additional $100 a month, plus enough retro, small as it is, to perhaps catch me up on my past-due monthly bills.

No, it doesn’t fix those really rotted pipes under the house, or pay for the tires, or the tie rods or other issues - but it takes some burdens away and all in just a few hours.

How amazing is that?

Praise you, Heavenly Father, for your compassion and timing. I’m sorry I cried last night but I think that was better than holding it in and I know you understand because even your own Son wept. Of course, his reasons were far heavier than mine. Thank you for everything you did today for me, and please bless my friends who have been keeping me in their prayers. Bless them abundantly, each in the way they need it most.

No comments: