Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Possible 2-wk Internet/TV Cut-Off - Paying the Piper



During the coming night, one of two things will happen -

Either I will be offline for just 24 hours, or I will be offline until 8/13.

Most of you know I am in the hole by $400 at the end of each month due to the loss of income from my beloved nephew’s passing on 2/1. Several times I came close to internet/tv cutoff but managed to dodge it. I fear the time has finally come. They will make no further arrangements and I cannot fulfill the one I made early May.

Back then, I had full confidence that I could complete this round of past-due-installments-plus-current payments. Back in April, I applied for, and was approved for, assistance from Medicaid in that they would reimburse SS for my monthly Medicare premiums. This meant they would pay the Feds about $104 each month which I would see as additional funds in my SS deposit. It took effect May 1. I have not seen one dime so far.

I went to the State offices two weeks ago and it is all just fine in their system. Then I called the SSA and they said they have not seen even one word from NV in this matter. So, the State has it all set up but they have not yet passed that info to the Feds. Yes, I would get retro for each month - May, June, and now July. But it will not be in my Aug SS deposit, from what I gather. I have to get to the State offices again, as soon as I can.

However, that does not help me with my bundled phone/tv/internet payment due today. Yesterday, the supervisor said to just let it default and let it cut off over night and then call in tomorrow and make new arrangements.

I don’t think it will be that easy. If I remember correctly, from years and years ago, they are tough at that point and they want money before they can turn the tv and internet back on. And money won’t be available until the 2nd Wednesday in August.

So, my friends, PLEASE don’t freak and call me in a panic about this. It cannot be helped.

What will happen is that I will have strictly local phone service, at least.

But in the middle of the night, tonight, tv and internet will cut off. Tomorrow I will call and try to make arrangements. I really do expect that it cannot be done until the 13th, so I will be without email and tv until 8/13.

I will be fine - I’m a big girl. At 74, I grew up without tv. I’ll dig out a radio and plug it in. And I’ll be able to watch some VHS tapes if I’m really antsy for visuals. I’ll be able to work on my computer but not anything on the “net.”
 
I won’t know what’s happening with each of you, and I will have too much that I’m dealing with to call you. Just remember that you are always in my heart and prayers and I will be back online as quickly as I can be. 

No comments: