Sunday, July 20, 2014

Interesting New Development



Some of you may have noticed my post withthe bright graphic of my prayer for Help in Paying Debts from my Busy Person’s Prayer Book. I know you are probably wondering why I am putting those prayers out, free, when obviously I need income and would love to sell the book for that income.

Well, the truth is that I am terrible at marketing. In the few years it has been out there, self-published, I’ve sold perhaps 30 paperbacks, and given away at least that many. The paperback has to sell for $10. That’s a lot for a small book.

I think I would do much better, these days, by selling it as a download off my Etsy shop for just $.99 - I’m hoping to find out this week whether my current .pdf will work on a Kindle, Nook and/or tablet. If not, I will get busy and re-format it right away, and re-test.

If you have any or all of them (Kindle, Nook, tablet), and would like the pdf file to let me know how it works on your device(s), please contact me at mayfieldpubs at aol dot com, and I will send the file to you via email.

Anyhow, I do need that extra income. At 74, that’s hard to come by except off the internet. Tonight I had to laugh (so I wouldn’t cry - LOL) because my lower dentures broke in the middle, once again. And, once again, I had to Super Glue them together. I hope they hold for a while.

It would be wonderful if I can get the book into a compatible format. I am hoping the occasional prayer-graphic will bring attention to it.
  

No comments: