Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Interesting and Ironic Twists



Six days ago, I wrote about a few sweet little blessings that came my way. Nothing big, but enough of a treat to soothe my worried mind.

Briefly (you can read the complete post here), one was a replacement inkjet printer that was shipping to me, and another was my finding an as-yet-unopened carton with a Gevalia programmable coffeemaker in it.  The post will explain why these two things really made my day - they solved a few ongoing problems for me. I was smiling all day.

Now, here’s the ironic twist.

The printer has been lost in transit. I’m sure the company will not ship another until they are fully satisfied of this loss. This could take weeks. This takes me back to my original problem.

The coffeemaker does not work. Instructions said to do 2 brew cycles, first, before actually making coffee. I tried. Three times. Each time, I poured the water in the reservoir and it came right out onto the counter and down onto the floor. After wiping it up the third time, and pushing this stiff bod up off the floor once again, I called the company. Since it was way past the one-year warranty, they would not do anything.

This, too, takes me back to my original problem.

In a way, it makes me laugh. My coffeepot won’t hold water and my replacement printer is lost somewhere in Nashville, according to UPS Tracking.

Still, I am better off than many out there today.

I still have a roof over my head. I have food in the house. My kitty has food and clean litter. I have friends, both here and in cyber-space. I still have hands able to crochet and calm my nerves. When our monsoon rains came down recently, I had no leaks. And, I have my Faith to keep me sane.
 
Father, thank you for the fact that these minor inconveniences are just that - minor. In the eternal scheme of things, these are nothing. Thank you for continuing to send peace into my heart. But I worry about some friends. Please watch over them and send them whatever grace and blessings they need to get through their own days, their own troubles.

No comments: