Sunday, February 23, 2014

Free Prayer Sunday - Waiting for Appointments



At one time in my life, I had a lot of patience with waiting in line, or for appointments.  As I get older, I have more to do and I start thinking of what I could be doing with that time.  Now I have a way to put it to good use.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, My Faults. Earlier, I posted prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.), prayers from the Helping Others (homeless, terminally ill, etc.), and Hurting Others (judging others, etc.) categories.

Waiting for Appointments
Appointments drive me crazy
As I count each single minute
Change my impatience to prayerful thoughts
So my wait includes you in it.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:   by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy Person's Prayer Book. The book is available for download for less than $4.

Upcoming free prayers in this category, My Faults, include the following prayers:
Patience in Traffic
Shrugging Off Insults/Gossip
The Urge to Gossip
Worrying About My Appearance
Too Many Chores
Craving Appreciation
To End Procrastination

At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.  

No comments: