Monday, February 11, 2013

Little Yarn Heart Embellishments Added to Etsy Shop


I recently pinned instructions for tiny crocheted hearts to one of my Pinterest boards. This past week, I tried the pattern. They are adorable and incredibly easy. I made a few of them in pale pink, to give the ladies in our Friday charity crafter's group. I picked up a sleeve of 8 mini-Kit-Kat candy bars, and gave each lady a heart and a little candy bar. It was a cute, easy and quick Valentine gift.

However, these little hearts are admittedly addicting. I just made 6 more, in bright red, and added them to my Etsy shop as embellishments.

I left a 4" pair of yarn tails after finally knotting, to add to the freedom of the buyer to use them in many different ways. I can easily seem them hand-sewn as appliqués. But they can also be tied as package trims. The ties can be knotted together at their tips, forming a loop, and then the little heart can be hung from a push pin, or skewered with a bobby pin for a hair adornment.

I once bought a package of little trims of this type from an Etsy seller and they were a real treat to have handy at a moment's notice.

I'll be making these in several yarn weights and colors, as well as in threads.

I can't wait to offer the thread versions to be used as earrings or earring jackets. An earring jacket, as most of you know, are simply little pieces of trim with a center hole into which you can push an earring stud. Having several types of earring jackets means you have an instant earring wardrobe at your fingertips (or at your ear-lobe tips!).   

No comments: