Saturday, October 27, 2012

Great Crochet Site Featured My Bell Towel Toppers


This is a sort of mixed-post. It's part blog review, part happy announcement, part crafts.

Tha Happy Announcement part is that I just found out today that Kathryn over at Crochet Concupiscence (go ahead, look that word up in the online dictionary - we'll wait), featured the crocheted bell towel toppers from my Etsy shop in her list of 15 ideas for Wedding Favors, at this link. She included it under her Crochet Resources tab, in Crochet Inspiration.

Earlier this year, she had included my Crocheted Back Scrubber in an Etsy Treasury entitled Crochet for a Beauty Day, at this link. That pattern is available free at this link.

The Crafts part is to remind folks that if they are intermediate-skilled crocheters, I have the free pattern for those towel toppers right here on my blog, at this link.

Now for the Blog Review part. The odd thing is that I had previously found Kathryn's site and had bookmarked it and noted it because I had planned to mention it one of these days. Now seems like the perfect time.

You will never believe how much this woman covers on her site. I signed up for emails to help me track new posts but as for earlier ones, it will take me a lot of happy visits to explore all of it. Kathryn has everything from crochet job tips and quotes about crochet to intriguing lists of lists, all related to crochet. You could spend DAYS on her website and not be bored.

She has areas for charity crafting, holiday crochet and vintage crochet, among other topics.

Kathryn Vercillo is also the author of a book, Crochet Saved My Life. Now there's a title to intrigue any crocheter! It's available in both print and ebook versions.

I think part of my excitement at being mentioned in someone else's blog is that I had already admired this blog earlier. Can't think of any place I'd rather have my work featured.   

1 comment:

Kathryn Vercillo said...

Thanks for the lovely feedback. I enjoy sharing your beautiful work!