Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Importance of Today, not Tomorrow

On Christmas Day, 2009, I posted about a great article I read in an issue of the Saturday Evening Post. For some odd reason, my blog stats show a sudden surge in interest for that one. At first, I couldn't even remember what I had written, so I pulled it up and reviewed it. It moved me today as deeply as it did back then.

I've decided to share it once more with all of you.

The article is called "Saying Sorry," by Mitch Albom, and it can be found online at this link.

Because our charity crafters experienced a sudden passing of one of our members this past week, this article reaffirms, for me, the importance of not waiting until tomorrow to do what must be done today.

Basically, it is about forgiveness. I am Christian, specifically a Catholic. This article discusses a Jewish tradition. Our faith is based on a magnificent Jewish carpenter, and this article reaches the depths of my soul.

Please do yourself a favor and read it all. The first part is wonderful in its discussion of forgiveness. The very last part is the part that will always stay with me, or at least I pray that it will. It illustrates the importance of taking care of spiritual issues now, today, and not waiting until tomorrow.

Dearest Lord, thank you for once again bringing this to my attention. Please do so any time I need to be reminded of its importance in my life.

No comments: